Welcome to Twirl Dance!
We are so happy to have you as part of our team and we want to ensure you have all the information you need to settle into dance. If you still have questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Due to the Corona Virus Pandemic, our 2020/2021 dance season will look a little different
to ensure everyone’s safety. It will be the same great classes with some added precautions.
- There is a 15 min window of time between classes to allow teachers to wash floor, disinfect doors and other high touch areas.
- Teachers will wear masks at times when they are in close proximity to dancers.
- Studio 1 and Studio 2 will have staggered start and end times, to the best of our abilities.
- Class sizes have been reduced.
- In the younger classes we will avoid hand holding and not allow sharing of props.
- Hand sanitizer will be given at the start of each class.
- Floor spots will be down to encourage social distancing as much as possible.
- Water bottles will be more spread out.
- Dancers should only attend class if they are feeling healthy and are able to successfully complete the AHS Screening Checklist
- Dancers are encouraged to wear masks in common areas such as the hallways, lobby and restrooms.
- Dancers will be given hand sanitizer at the beginning of each class.
- Parents should not enter the building if they are unwell and can not successfully complete the AHS Screening Checklist
- Parents are encouraged to wear masks in common areas such as the hallways, lobby and restrooms.
- For the time being, parents are asked to refrain from entering the studio waiting room.
- It is requested that parents leave the building during their child's class, if possible and reasonable, and are asked to return to the long hallway for their child when they are dismissed from class. For younger children, 1 parent/guardian per child is allowed.
- For Twirl Store access, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate a time with our staff or visit your parent portal at anytime for online shopping and we will send products home with your child.
- Twinkle Toes is a parented class and only one parent or guardian is allowed to attend these classes, to stay within our capacity.
Covid Related Class Interruptions:
- If classes are canceled before the season or class starts we will provide 100% refund
- If the season is interrupted for a short period of time we may provide recorded/virtual classes to maintain our momentum.
- If the season is interrupted for longer period of time we may delay the continuation of the season or we will offer account credits for the classes impacted. This account credit can be cashed out at any time should you not wish to continue.
Ultimately, we want parents to feel reassured that they will be whole no matter what the situation.
Starts Monday, September 21, 2020 and runs until Friday, May 28, 2021
Starts Monday, September 21, 2020 and runs until Sunday, December 13, 2020
Session 2 (Jan-May)
Starts Monday, January 4, 2021 and runs until Friday, May 28, 2021
Six Week Sessions
Our six week session classes run throughout the dance year,
please contact us for more details about the start and end dates for these classes.
All Statutory Holidays & Halloween
Christmas Break: Dec 14 - Jan 3
Family Day/ Winter Break: Feb 11 - 17
Spring/ Easter Break: Apr 2 - 9
For a full list of dates please click here:
Attendance & Punctuation
Please ensure dancer is dressed and ready to go, we will do our best to keep classes on time and to transition classes quickly.
For dancers performing in the recital, attendance is especially critical in the last 1-2 months before our performance.
Please make ever effort to be in class.
If you are unable to attend a class, please contact the owner and/ or your instructor by email notifying them of your absence and reason for absence.
Happiness Guarantee/ Withdrawal
We are passionate about ensuring that each dancer feels valued, engaged and enhances their joy for dance.
Our happiness guarantee. We want your child to be surrounded by dancers and teachers who are passionate about dance and excited to be there. If for any reason the class is not what your child was looking for and they have been attending class regularly and making an effort. We will recommend an available class that may better suit your child or we will refund you your money.
Session Classes: Withdrawal from class, received in writing/email, must be done within 2 classes to receive a pro-rated refund of the class tuition. Credit is not given for missed classes. After 2 classes, dancers are able to transfer classes but there is no refund given after this point.
Full-Year Classes: Withdrawal from class, received in writing/email, must be done within 3 classes from the start of the season to receive a pro-rated refund of the class tuition. Credit is not given for missed classes. After 3 classes, dancers are able to transfer classes but there is no refund given after this point.
Registration Fees are non-refundable.
Twirl Dance Company and staff may take photos and video of your child to share on our internal Twirl Dance Company Facebook page, Instagram page and local marketing. If you have any concerns with our policy, please contact us.
Liability Release & Assumption of Risks
I/we realize that participation in dance classes and activities could result in some possible personal injury. Despite precautions being taken by Twirl Dance Company, accidents and injuries may occur. By signing this release form, I/we (the dancer and parent/guardian) assume all risks related to the use of any and all spaces used by Twirl Dance Company.
I/we agree to release from responsibility Twirl Dance Company, Chestermere, AB including all teachers, dancers, staff members, and facilities used by both entities from any cause of action, claims, or demands now and in the future. I/we will not hold Twirl Dance Company, Chestermere, AB, liable for any personal injury including: scrapes, bruises, cuts, sprains, fractures, broken bones, concussions or death or any personal property damage/loss, which may occur on the premises before, during or after classes.
Furthermore, I/we agree to obey the class and facility rules and take full responsibility for my/our behavior in addition to any damage I/we may cause to the facilities utilized by Twirl Dance Company, Chestermere, AB.
I understand that Twirl Dance Company, Chestermere, AB is a licensed and insured organization. In the event that I/we should observe any unsafe conduct or conditions before, during or after my/our classes, I/we agree to report the unsafe conduct or conditions to Tarnia Wallace, owner/instructor, as soon as possible.
Please review the Dress Code prior to class.
Twirl Dance offers its dance families dance products and merchandise onsite at competitive prices.
View our Twirl Store (shopping cart icon) online in the parent portal or visit us during our office hours.
Lots of in stock items.
We ensure that costumes are affordable, tasteful and age appropriate.
Instructors will take measurements in November to ensure that we have all costumes ordered by December and in our hands by Spring for Pictures and Recital.
To save on costs, we do not order custom costumes. We take the measurements gathered and order costumes that are a best fit but not always a perfect fit.
If you have any concerns about costume fit, we are happy to offer suggestions, but alteration fees are not the responsibility of Twirl Dance.
Once costumes are ordered, there are no returns. Parents are responsible for final payment.
Costume Fees (per class):
$75 Costume Deposit - Due at Registration
Up to $10 Costume Balance (or Costume Credit) - Due in March
Our beautiful studios are located at the Chestermere Recreation Centre. Enter the building at the main/office entrance (under the Chestermere Regional Recreation Centre sign). Take the staircase between the sliding glass doors. At the top of the stairs you will turn left to a set of double doors. Enter the doors and halfway down the long corridor you will find our new Twirl Dance Studio.
December 7th - 13th *All Classes
So what does Parent-Guided mean?
Parent-guided classes mean that a parent/guardian must remain present and participate in the dance activities. Parents help to engage their child in the activities.
Little dancers love sharing this time with their favourite person - you!
Sometimes it is necessary for younger siblings to attend and this is okay, but since this is a parent-guided class please be prepared to focus most of your attention on the child participating in the class.
Class Events & Important Dates
Princess Tea Party
Bring a Friend Week
Halloween Dress Up
Recital Pep Rally
For a complete list of our events and dates, please click here:
Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contacts or safe list to ensure you receive all of our emails and they do not end up in your junk mail. If you have any questions or concerns throughout the year, please do not hesitate to contact the owner or your instructor. We will do our best to answer parent questions at the beginning or end of class but since the classes run back-to-back, this window of time will be very brief. The best way to connect with us would be by email.